A computerized embroidery machine is definitely a big game changer because they make the task of embroidering so easy, quick and seamless. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and highly advanced tools, these computerized devices are integrated to perform quicker and better than standard sewing machines. What’s more, the accuracy of such machines to produce embroidery designs perfectly every single time is unrivaled.
Brother is a reputed supplier of highly innovative and cutting edge sewing and embroidery machines for domestic use. It is a subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd, which has its headquarters in Japan. Brother Designio Series DZ820E is a package in itself. Its super impressive performance and sheer number of additional accessories provided ensure that it leaves no stone unturned to unleash the designer in the user and help him/her explore his embroidery creativity to the fullest.
Read The Rest Of Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine Review:
Table of Contents
- 136 built-in embroidery design, 6 lettering fonts, 120 combinations for frame patterns
- Features hoops in three different sizes: 5” x 7”, 4” x 4” and 2.5” x 1”
- Easy to navigate/operate backlit LCD touchscreen
- Easy access USB port for plugging in USB memory sticks
- Drop-in top bobbin that is resistant to jamming
- Impressive lever system for perfect precision when it comes to needle threading
- Brightly lit work area to help with sewing in case of dark fabrics
- Built-in memory pocket for storing embroidery or sewing designs for use later on
No. Of Built In Or Pre-Programmed Designs
Back To Top
The DZ820E model comes with 136 default embroidery designs. There is a wide selection of designs to choose from, be it cartoon characters, fruits, animals, flowers and so on.
What works in favor of the machine is that it comes with so many different hoops. The largest embroidery hoop, i.e. the 5” x 7” one is spacious enough to encompass multiple embroidery combinations without any struggle. In addition to the built-in designs, you can also have designs imported from the computer via the USB port.
To do this, you simply need to make your own custom design with an embroidery software and then have the design saved and imported into the machine using a thumb drive or a USB memory stick. In addition to this, there is also the option of getting on iBroidery.com, which has more than 5000 designs. The designs are available for purchase individually, therefore you can take your time to browse them and adding them to the cart before you make the payment and have them imported into your DZ820E embroidery machine.
No. Of Lettering Fonts
Back To Top
Brother DZ820E comes with six lettering fonts, which is actually a decent spread for domestic embroidering.
Back To Top
As evident from its name, the Brother DZ820E embroidery-only machine carries out the function of embroidering only, it does not stitch. In other words, there are no sewing stitches associated with this model. However, it does provide up to 120 different frame pattern combinations from 10 different shapes and 12 patterns, which comes in handy particularly for users who are engaged in fashion designing.
Maximum Design Dimension/Sewing Field
Back To Top
One of the most noteworthy features of Brother DZ820E is that unlike other embroidering machines in the market, this one does not just come with a single embroidery hoop. There are three different hoops to choose from: 5 by 7 inches, 4 by 4 inches and a 2.5 by 1 inch(height x width) hoop. You can make your selection as per the size of the embroidery you prefer or require and the kind of workpiece you are embroidering. Thus, the DZ820E is definitely very versatile as far as the sewing field is concerned.
Back To Top
Being an embroidery-only machine, the primary function of the Brother DZ820E is to embroider, and it executes this function fabulously. The machine comes with an English/Spanish operation manual which can be used as a reference for getting started with the machine. However, the functions are extremely intuitive and one can just rely on instincts in order to operate this user-friendly machine.
Although the embroidery machine may not have a direct computer connection capability, it supports iBroidery, thumb drives or USB memory sticks and Brother Embroidery cards. Thus, you can easily import your designs into the machine using any one of the three methods or choose from the built-in palette with 136 embroidery designs.
The 1.4 inches by 2.7 inches touchscreen LED display of the machine deserves special mention because it comes with design editing features and built-in tutorials. You can also use the memory pockets on the screen for saving designs for later use.
The work area is well lit and even though the machine may have just one needle, it sews on the embroidery designs beautifully and effectively. It is very satisfying and fun to watch the design automatically appear onto the fabric once you make the selection. The machine also has features like advanced easy needle threading system, quick-set drop-in top bobbin which make the task of operating the machine a whole lot easier! Also, there is no need for a foot controller because one can easily use the Start and Stop switches and the Push button to control the sewing speed.
21.3 x 13.7 x 17.9 inches
Weight : 28.6 pounds
- Dust cover
- An embroidery starter kit containing 6 spools of top notch embroidery thread, 1 pack of fabric stabilizer, extra bobbins and a superior stainless steel embroidery scissors
- 3 embroidery hoops (sizes already mentioned above)
- A CD with 200 exclusive embroidery designs
- Embroidery bobbin thread
- A pair of scissors
- A Spool net
- 3 spool caps
- 2 screwdrivers: large and small
- A seam ripper
- A cleaning brush
- A needle set containing 3 needles
- Bobbins (3 plus 1 on machine)
- An embroidery foot
- A power cord
- Limitless possibilities of designs owing to the wide range of embroidery designs, frame patterns and lettering fonts
- Can offer a very large embroidery area of up to 5 by 7 inch
- Starter kit comes with all the items needed to begin creating projects straightaway
- Flexibility and simplicity of the machine is much appreciated
- Super bright work area with 2 LED bulbs
- Automatic needle threading system that pushes the thread straight through the eye of the needle with the press of a lever on the side
- Automatic thread trimming feature which does its job immaculately at the end of every embroidery segment
- Exclusive Brother Bobbin, which stays in place and offer reliable and even stitch quality, thereby making it perfect for fine embroidery designs
- Easy to maintain
- Completes an embroidery job with subsequently less time and resources
- Has a single needle meant for embroidering, therefore it does not perform the functions of a regular sewing machine and is solely meant for creating embroidered designs
- Too many electronic parts, which increases the chances of them getting damaged with extended use
- Needs high quality thread for working risk-free
- Needs constant supply of stable power lest the stitching function develops lags
- Not suitable for use in countries that do not have 120V AC power outlet, the voltage adapter does not help too
Back To Top
The ideal rating for Brother DZ820E would be 4.3 out of 5 stars. While it may earn full score in terms of embroidery functions because it is equipped with sophisticated embroidery technology, it is not a very versatile machine because it does not have sewing stitches like regular sewing machines and neither does it surge. This can be a major drawback for some. However, for those who are just looking for an exclusive embroidery machine, this one is just right as it is capable of performing highly complex embroidery tasks.
You can read more here: Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine Reviews
Back To Top
The price of the Brother DZ820E embroidery machine leans towards the expensive side of the price spectrum. However, considering the wide array of accessories included and the bonus embroidery starter kit, it may be a worthwhile investment for those who are very much into embroidering. This is a fine piece of technology and if you don’t mind shelling out extra money for it then this is definitely the profitable and apt choice over obsolete manual or standard embroidery machines which requires a lot of expertise and hard work.
Back To Top
With the standard 25 year limited warranty from Brother, the DZ820E model is a choicest pick for those who are looking for an embroider-only machine packed with a ton of features and bonus accessories. Even if you’re new to the world of embroidery, you will find the machine easy to operate and you’ll be able to churn out complex and impressive embroidery designs with the machine. The DZ820E is the kind of machine that a professional designer would approve of, which is definitely a huge statement and accomplishment.
|Feature||Brother Designio Series DZ820E Embroidery Only Machine|
|Adjustable Speed||Yes, through the Start and Stop switches and the Push button|
|Software Included||No; a basic inbuilt editing software is provided, which can be accessed from the LCD|
|Automatic Thread Trimming||Yes; the thread is trimmed automatically after each embroidery segment|
|Design||4.6 out of 5|
|LCD Screen||Yes; 2.7 x 1.4 inches|
|Average Rating||4.3 out of 5|