Embroidering can be a cumbersome task when performed using manual embroidery machines, which is why a computerized machine such as the Brother LB6800PRW is a delight to work with. The computerized sewing and embroidery machine is packed with an array of decorative designs, frame pattern blends and lettering fonts. Users also have the option of importing decorative designs via its USB port.
The LCD screen of the machine also offers inbuilt tutorials which are easily accessible and extremely helpful for those who need a little pick-me-up while working on projects. What’s more, the LB6800PRW model comes with an attractive rolling tote bag bearing the Project Runway logo. This is definitely a big plus point for Project Runway fans, and it also makes a very unique carrying case.
Brother International Corporation is widely known for its innovative and functional sewing and embroidery machines. A wholly owned subsidiary of the Japanese Brother Industries Ltd, the brand offers value-for-money products at affordable prices. Brother has managed to garner quite an enviable reputation over the years by churning out top quality machines and it is still going strong.
Read The Rest Of The Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine Review:
Table of Contents
- 5 font styles, 67 sewing stitches, 70 built-in designs and 120 frame patterns
- 4”x4” embroidery hoop
- User friendly LCD touchscreen with editing functions and built-in tutorials
- Convenient bobbin winding system
- Features a USB port to update the machine and import designs from the computer using the USB cable provided
- Quick set drop-in bobbin that offers jam resistant functioning
- 7 point feed dogs for smooth feeding of a wide array of fabrics
- Workplace or the needle area is brightly lit, thereby eliminating the need for task lights
- Comes with 7 accessory feet
- One-touch automatic thread cutter
- Includes a soft cover Project Runway rolling bag for carrying the machine in style when on the go
No. Of Built In Or Pre-programmed Designs
Back To Top
The LB6800PRW computerized embroidery and sewing machines offers 70 inbuilt embroidery designs. No doubt the sheer number of designs leave the users spoilt for choice! Some of the designs are floral, holiday, kids’ designs, animals, birds and so on. What is particularly impressive about the machine is that it pays a lot of attention to the details, therefore even the tiniest embroidery designs are stitched perfectly.
If you need more embroidery designs then you have three options:
- Use designs loaded onto a Brother memory card
- Download the designs from the internet via a computer/laptop
- Purchase designs from Brother’s iBroidery.com
Once you have the designs with you, preferably in .pes format, you can have them fed into the machine via the USB cable or the memory card to start embroidering in no time.
No. Of Lettering Fonts
Back To Top
The machine offers five different monogramming fonts.
Back To Top
In terms of stitch functions Brother LB6800PRW does a commendable job; it offers 67 built-in non-license sewing stitches such as buttonholes, eyelets, stretch stitch, smocking, quilting, heirloom, utility and decorative stitches. Thus, you can virtually sew any kind of stitch pattern onto your home décor or fashion projects. The patterns can be rotated at 1, 10 or 90 degrees. For an even wider choice of stitch functions, the machine offers 10 shapes and 12 stitch patterns for creating frame designs. As far as stitching is concerned, the machine is quite fast as it is capable of operating at a maximum speed of 400 stitches per minute.
With so many stitch functions on-board, the user will never run of options nor repeat the embroidery designs and he/she will be able to explore their creativity to the fullest. The machine also carries out utility stitches such as garment mending, garment construction and basic sewing. However, it does not serge.
Maximum Design Dimension/Sewing Field
Back To Top
The maximum embroidery area offered by Brother LB6800PRW is 4” x 4”, which is the size of the embroidery hoop. The embroidery concepts, however, can be modified, which adds to the versatility of the machine.
Back To Top
Brother LB6800PRW is a beginner-friendly machine, therefore it wouldn’t feel like alien technology to those who have never used an embroidery machine before. It comes with a bilingual operation manual in English and Spanish languages. Its LCD touchscreen comes with built-in tutorials with the help of which one can learn how to operate the automatic bobbin winder, how to position the spool of thread correctly and so on. This is definitely one of the nice touches added to the machine because one does not necessarily have to reach for the manual every time to have lessons.
The needle area is also lit brightly, which makes it easier to work with the machine. What’s more, the 7 point feed dogs ensures that all kinds of fabrics are fed into the machine with ease and convenience. The quick set drop-in bobbin is capable of sailing seamlessly and without jamming, which in turn eliminates the need to fish for the bobbin thread. Another feature that makes the machine highly user-friendly is its one-touch automatic thread cutter for cutting the top and bobbin thread with ease.
21.5 x 16 x 22 inches
Weight : 13.669 pounds
- 4” x 4” embroidery hoop
- Project Runway soft cover rolling bag
- USB cable
- 7 accessory feet: buttonhole, button fitting, overcasting, zipper, monogramming, blind stitch and embroidery
- Bilingual operation manual
- Embroidery arm
- Seam Ripper
- Small accessories like spool net, eyelet punch, a pair of scissors, screwdriver, a cleaning brush, buttons and needles
- 67 sewing patterns, 120 frames and 5 lettering fonts
- Capable of sewing, embroidering and monogramming
- USB connectivity which allows users to expand their library with customized embroidery and sewing designs
- Easy needle threading system
- Automatic reinforcement or reverse stitch
- Sewing speed can be adjusted
- Machine is sturdy enough to sew multiple layers of bulky fabrics effortlessly and smoothly
- One-click automatic thread cutter
- Stunning performance
- Attractive Project Runway carrying case
- The thread loops are not tightened properly
- Not capable of serging
- The 4”x4” embroidery hoop limits the machine’s ability to carry out large embroidery designs
- Users have mentioned that the machine is just like the SE400 model minus the Project Runway carrying case, therefore one could opt for the latter to save money
- Not suitable for use in countries which do not use 120V AC, even if one has a voltage adapter in place
Back To Top
In terms of ratings, the LB6800PRW machine scores high, which is well-deserved because it is capable of sewing, embroidering and monogramming. Thus, it is quite a comprehensive machine in itself. The machine does not just offer a plethora of useful features but its performance is also more than satisfactory. It is a great investment for individuals who are serious about embroidery and sewing.
You can read more here: Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine Reviews
Considering the machine is capable of monogramming as well, it is quite a decent buy. Of course, the price may be a bit of a jump from regular sewing machines but one has to bear in mind that this is a Project Runway edition.
An additional expense that the consumer can choose to incur would be to opt for the Grand Slam package. This is a bundle deal which greatly enhances the embroidery or sewing possibilities of the machine. This package includes a whopping 64 thread spools in their organizers/cases, a CD with 15000 embroidery designs, multiple pre-wound white thread bobbins, cap embroidery hoop, stork embroidery scissors and a giant roll of backing fabric or stabilizer.
Back To Top
Brother LB6800PRW is a great embroidery and sewing machine for beginners and intermediate users. This home-use machine is capable of bringing out the creative genius of all users who get their hands on it. The Project Runway rolling bag is of course a huge enticing factor for prospective customers. There is hardly any issue with the machine’s performance and its versatility is sure to blow your mind.
|Features||Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine|
|Affordability||4.0 out of 5|
|Software Included||No; just the inbuilt editing software accessible from the LCD screen|
|Automatic Thread Trimming||Yes; one touch automatic thread cutter|
|Design||4.4 out of 5|
|LCD Screen||Yes; 2.7” x 1.4” in size|
|Average Rating||4.6 out of 5|