Brother PE770 embroidery machine has been recognized as a Consumer Digest Best Buy product. This means that it is not just a high quality machine but also one that offers great value. It serves as an excellent platform for creating different types of embroidered projects. Besides, it is a product by a reputable high end manufacturer like Brother International Corporation, which is known for its innovative high quality domestic sewing and embroidery machines. A majority of the consumers who purchased products from the brand found it to be a wise decision.
The professional level design, remarkable performance and affordability of the machine makes it a good choice for professional quality embroidery. In fact, the embroidery machine is so impressive that one can easily run a home business with this alone, instead of an expensive industrial embroidery machine. The Brother PE770 with Grand Slam Package is the ultimate package because it comes with a comprehensive collection of additional accessories and items. The collection is a superb acquisition because it contains everything that you need to get started and more.
Read The Rest Of The Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine Grand Slam Package Review:
Table of Contents
- Includes a Grand Slam Embroidery Package worth more than $1170 in value
- Spacious 5 x 7 inch embroidery hoop
- Built-in USB port
- 136 built-in embroidery designs, 184 built-in stitches, 10 frame shapes, 12 border styles, 6 lettering fonts and 10 professional buttonholes
- Embroidery designs from the computer can be imported into the machine via a thumb drive or USB memory cards instead of an additional software
- 9 point trace for outlining the embroidery pattern to preview the size and position before stitching onto the fabric
- 4 x 2.7 inch backlit LCD touchscreen display with design editing features
- Automatic needle threader
- Diagram present on the side of the machine for easy and hassle-free threading
- Quick-set bobbin
- Automatic thread trimmer button
- Up/Down needle stop position button for adjusting the highest or lowest position of the needle for flawless stitching and embroidering
- com compatible
- Sideways sewing option available
- 11 sewing feet
No. Of Built-In Or Pre-Programmed designs
(Back to Top)
Brother PE770 embroidery machine comes with a generous 136 default embroidery designs, which is more than enough for the user to start embroidering straight out of the box. There are flowers, fishes, animals, abstract designs, decorative wreaths, holiday designs, birds, scroll work, quilt patterns and even designs with text such as ‘Merry Christmas’, ‘Welcome to our home’, ‘Happy Birthday’, ‘Bon Jour’ and so on. Finishing touches can be added in the form of frame shapes and border styles, there are 12 border styles and 10 frame shapes to choose from, which means one can have up to 120 design combinations.
The grand slam package comes with an additional CD containing a whopping 15000 embroidery designs. As if this wasn’t enough, designs can also be imported from the computer (embroidery software program) via the USB stick or flash drive. One can also use the designs from Brother Memory Card or purchase designs from iBroidery.com.
No. of Lettering Fonts
(Back to Top)
There are 6 lettering fonts available for embroidering and monogramming such as San Serif, Serif, Outline, Script, etc.
(Back to Top)
The PE770 comes with a wide selection of 184 sewing stitches, which includes both decorative and functional stitches. The selection is quite large, thereby covering a wide range of styles from shell tuck to drawn work to heirloom to smocking to scallop and so on. For a true designer finish there are 10 professional buttonholes to choose from. The sizes of the buttonholes are automatically adjusted to fit the specific buttons in this one-step process.
Being rich in features, Brother PE770 also allows one to create one’s own stitches and save them onto the machine’s memory. One can also make use of the sideways sewing feature which eliminates the need to rotate the fabric; thus, one can switch from horizontal to vertical stitching without rotating the fabric at all.
Maximum Design Dimension/Sewing Field
(Back to Top)
At 5×7 inch, the embroidery area or sewing field of PE770 is quite large. The Grand Slam Package comes with a cap hoop and a sock hoop too.
(Back to Top)
Being rich in features and offering a vast array of designs, users generally assume that Brother PE770 is a difficult machine to operate. The truth is quite the contrary; even though the design of the embroidery machine may incorporate a high level of complexity but when it comes to the user interface, the machine is very easy to operate.
In terms of usage, it is as easy as having a vague ‘blueprint’ of the kind of stitch/embroidery you want, selecting the best design from the LCD screen and then getting down to business. There is no need to mess around with the machine’s threading or struggling to embroider the designs or awkward turning of the work piece or fabric. The PE770 model has stitching options and features which simplify even the most difficult jobs or tasks. Of course the Grand Slam Package simplifies things even further with its array of bonus accessories.
21.2 x 16.9 x 17.3 inches
Additional Accessories Included
- Hard Protective carrying case
- Power cord
- Protective case (hard) for easy portability
- 11 sewing feet: buttonhole, overcasting, zipper, zig-zag, blind stitch, monogramming, stitch guide, button fitting, adjustable piping/zipper, open-toe feet and non-stick feet
- 1 embroidery foot
- 1 embroidery thread spool
- 4 bobbins
- Twin needle
- Needle pack
- Storage compartment
The Grand Slam Package includes:
- 64 Polystar Embroidery Threads with Snap Spools and a Thread Box/Organizer
- 144 Prewound Bobbins
- CD with 15000 embroidery designs
- Thread Converter Pro III
- 2 embroidery hoops: cap hoop and sock hoop
- Stork Embroidery Scissor
- The Grand Slam Package provides the user with a generous and comprehensive amount of accessories to begin embroidering right away
- Even though the machine has just one needle, it completes its tasks very quickly as it operates at a very fast speed. The maximum sewing speed of the machine is 850 stitches per minute whereas its maximum embroidery speed is 650 stitches per minute.
- Perfect precision of stitching and embroidery, you’ll never find a stitch out of place
- USB flash drive port feature is very convenient for adding downloaded designs to the machine
- Quick-set bobbin, simply drop the bobbin in and pull the thread in the right direction through the slot to begin embroidering
- Plenty of design editing options available: rotating, mirror-image, increasing or decreasing the size, etc
- Some users have complained about facing difficulty in tightening the bobbin
- Occasional jamming possibility
- Embroidery-only machine
- Cumbersome LCD navigation because of excessive scrolling to get to the desired design
- Black and white LCD display
- Additional fonts cannot be introduced to the machine
(Back to Top)
The PE770 model with Grand Slam Package indeed deserves a 4.5 out of 5 because it is all about serious embroidery. The sheer number of features and accessories provided, and the generous embroidery dimension or sewing field of 5 by 7 inches makes it a cakewalk to sew on professional-grade designs onto the fabrics. Also, the ability to control the stitch speed, sew sideways and trim upper and lower threads effortlessly makes the machine a user favorite.
You can read more here: Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine Grand Slam Package Reviews
The PE770 embroidery machine with the Grand Slam Package is a value-for-money combo for starters as well as experts. The Grand Slam Package in itself is worth more than a 1000 dollars in value, therefore the fact that you can get both the embroidery machine and the Grand Slam Package for under 1000 dollars is a steal.
Although the number of bonus accessories and embroidery items provided with the machine and the value-added package ensures that you don’t need to invest in anything else to get started with embroidering, you may invest in additional hoops for embroidering.
(Back to Top)
Many consumers tout this as the best embroidery-only machine in the market. Suitable for home business as well as hobby stitching/embroidering, the machine is powerful and reliable at the same time. It proves to be a great investment because of the number of embroidery designs, sewing patterns, appliques and customized creations it can churn out effortlessly and quickly.
|Feature||Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine With USB Flash Port and Grand Slam Package|
|Automatic Thread Trimming||Yes; one touch automatic thread cutter.|
|Design||4.5 out of 5|
|Needle Size||Size 11 or 14|
|LCD Screen||Yes; 1.4” x 2.7” in size|
|Average Rating||4.5 out of 5|